Home Insurance Solutions
We offer comprehensive home insurance solutions to customers in Springfield and the Miami Valley area.
A home is often one’s largest financial asset. Therefore, purchasing the right home owners insurance policy is critical. All mortgage companies require mortgage carriers to have a home owners policy, and for good reason: if your home is destroyed, without home owners insurance, you would still be required to pay for a home that no longer exists. Home owners insurance is not just for catastrophic events such as this, however. It provides coverage in the event of property damage due to fire, water, lightning, smoke, and other natural disasters. The items you own inside your home are covered as well. It can also cover legal fees in the event of a lawsuit resulting from someone becoming injured on your property.
Most home owners insurance policies have two parts: Home Insurance Property Protection and Home Insurance Liability Protection. Property protection typically covers:
- Your home, your home’s attached structures, fixtures in your home, and electrical wiring
- Detached structures (storage sheds, garages) and structures attached
to the land (patios, driveways, sidewalks, fences, and retaining walls)
- Personal property and personal items you own and those owned by family members living in the home
- Living expenses over and above those you normally incur if you cannot live at home while it is being repaired, or if you are denied access by government order
Liability protection typically provides:
- Coverage against lawsuits arising from bodily injury or property damage to others caused by an accident on your property
- Coverage for medical expenses for people accidentally injured on your property, regardless of fault
Home owners insurance is not just for owners of single-family dwellings. Home insurance policies also exist for:
- Owners of multiple properties
- Owners of condominiums
- Owners of mobile homes
- Owners of rental properties
- People who rent an apartment or house
A licensed insurance agent can assist you with selecting the right home owners insurance policy, as well as answer questions about your existing policy.